As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Why did Jesus ask for Glory

Glorify Thy Name
Glorify thy Name
MP3 download
Jesus prayed “Glorify your son” (John 17:1-11). What did he mean? Glorify means not only to give power and great honor and praise, but also to give magnificent greatness. In the context of this passage it also includes the exalted majesty that Jesus had from the beginning: “the glory I had with you before the world began.” It also includes the glory of the cross: “I glorified you on earth. I have finished the work which you gave me to do.” Jesus also incorporated the glory that comes to him through those who follow him: “they bring me glory.” This glory is therefore also a shared glory by those who are in Christ: “They are yours and all mine are yours and yours are mine.” All Christians are unified in that they belong to the Father and the Son.

No comments: