As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Are Republicans the Christian Party?

Is there evidence to call Republicans the Christian party? That’s in the Bible - not! Evangelicals point to obvious Democrat sins. Do we ignore our Evangelical and Republican sins? Would Jesus say “Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you legislated not to feed me. I was thirsty, and you legislated against clean drinking water. I was a stranger (or foreigner), and you didn’t welcome me. I was naked, and you legislated against helping. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t provide health care or prison reform.” Have Republicans and Evangelicals failed Jesus? Does the Parable of the Sheep and Goats (Matthew 25:31-46) make us ashamed?

No comments: