As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Negative Christianity

As Christians we have a choice to wallow in the negative or dwell on the positive. It is easy to allow ourselves to get caught up in all the bad news around us as if our hope is in this world. As I listen to Christian radio shows like Point of View, which ought to be labeled Negative Point of View, I am reminded of my grandmother's positive point of view. She was a grace-filled Christian lady who tended to find the good in things. My father carried that legacy and I believe that it was his positive mental attitude that enabled him great success in business. Perhaps negative Christianity was also a phenomenon in ancient times and that's why Paul reminded the Philippians to focus on positive things. How often do we dwell on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent and worthy of praise?

No comments: