As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Liberal or Conservative?

Why I am a Liberal

I am a liberal because I do not believe that the Bible says anywhere that it is the word of God, that is, always a quote from God. I am a liberal because I do not believe that Christianity is limited to one exclusive church or human authority. I am a liberal because I do not believe that most doctrines that divide us come from God. I am a liberal because I do not believe that "religious" experiences are reliable. I am a liberal because I do not believe that everything taught in Church is inspired by God.

Why I am a conservative

I am a conservative because I believe that the Bible is the word of God, that is, the word about God and the word inspired by God. I am a conservative because I believe that God's true Church is one, united in Christ. I am a conservative because I believe that most doctrines that unite us come from God. I am a conservative because I believe that we must experience Christ. I am a conservative because I believe God.

No comments: