As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

A grumpy girl

I once worked in a place where there was a grumpy girl. She was hostile and easily angered and did not like anyone. So, I determined to treat her kindly and gently. I just knew that something must have been hurting her deep down inside. One day she asked, what would I do if she was my daughter and came home and told me she was pregnant. I simply replied that the first thing I would do would be to give her a big hug. She broke down and cried. Her parents had kicked her out of the house. They were church goers, but had missed the most important thing that Jesus taught, love. In Luke 13:31-35 Jesus spoke of his wish for Jerusalem that had killed the prophets. He just wanted to take the city into his embrace.

No comments: