As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

3 reasons not to end up in hell

With thanks to Ed Hill I also have 3 reasons that I don't want to be in hell like the rich man in the parable (Luke 16:19-31). Reason #1: I don’t like pain. The descriptions of hell in the Bible range from eternal separation from God in blackness forever to a fiery lake. No matter what pictures we read, all of them are bad and include suffering. Reason #2: I don’t like bad company. Hell is full of people you can’t trust, who will hate you and cause your existence to be miserable. Reason #3: I want to be with the one who loves me more than anyone else in the world, God. He died for me and gave up everything so that I could live with him forever. Now that’s the kind of company I want to keep forever.

No comments: