As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Going to Bars

Going to Bars 


Much is made in some circles that a Christian ought never to be found going to bars. I beg to differ. In fact, I believe that Jesus deliberately spent time among the ancient equivalent of such company. It was the Pharisees who criticized him for eating with tax traitors and loose women. In Luke 15:4-7 he spoke of the lost sheep. If we are looking for lost sheep today, where might we find them? If all we do is spend time among "good" people, we may never find the "lost" people. There may also be one more angle to this. Perhaps some of those who refuse to be found in bars are themselves also among the lost, because they are not where Jesus is. He is on the job, looking for the lost sheep. So, if you're looking for me, I'll be at the local. Will I see you there?

No comments: