As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Absolutely Secure

Maybe I'm hard-nosed, but I don't trust liars, gigolos, seductive women, adulterers, thieves, most televangelists, political promises, lobbyists, the tax-man, popes, gurus, Hollywood actors, big charities, rock musicians, time payments, skunks, television advertisers, motivational speakers, doctors, slot machines, dentists, medical insurers, cigarette manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, discounts, Teflon, cell phone companies, manipulative people, infomercials about making money, bears, repackaged retail items, preachers of empty-headed fluff, multi-level marketing, pyramid schemes, food additives, biased news reporting, tailgaters, state lotteries, fast-talking salesmen, closing down furniture sales, freeware, the legal system, links to strange web sites, anything free that includes a hidden monthly fee, know-it-alls and spam. I do trust my wife, parents, wife's parents, siblings, many close friends, firemen, ambulance officers, rescue workers, nurses, farmers, my employer to pay me at least something each payday, other cars to stay on their side of the road and my dog mostly, and the Lord in everything.

No comments: