As Jesus is the cornerstone upon which the Church is built, so are his teachings the unifying cornerstone of Christian doctrine.

Real Rest

I searched a lifetime to find long needed rest for my soul. I began in liberal churches. I found decent folks eager for good works and peacemaking, but no rest. I went to churches that take a sabbath day's rest. I found decent folks who love the Ten Commandments, but no rest for my soul. I went to fundamentalist churches. I found decent, law abiding folks who love rules to live by, but I found no rest. I went to charismatic churches. I found decent folks who love lively music and enthusiastic preaching, but no rest. I went to ancient churches. I found decent folks with faithful martyrs and praying saints, but no rest. I went to Bible churches. I found decent folks who love quality exegetical preaching, rightly dividing the Word of God, but no rest. Then I went to Jesus and THERE I found rest for my soul.

No comments: